T blockers

RLT, HRT, FFS, and SRS Support

T blockers

Postby prettydressedinpink » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:02 pm

I would like to kill my testosterone for good ,implants\blockers I imagine are risky
, I would like a orchie but I think that would mean referrals and I am not sure if I would get. I am not sure if uk surgeons would be willing to operate "orchie" or the cost and requirements.

I can't stand any more erections ,I just want it to be over.
Can't believe I was only put on low dose hormones with no blockers
New Blog link updated
http://mythaisrs.com
Keep calm & stay focused
prettydressedinpink

Re: T blockers

Postby nexyjo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:52 pm

it is not sound medical practice to remove testosterone from a body without a replacement.
nexyjo
Board Moderator

Postby FFChristie » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:46 pm

Hon, I've been on t blockers for 6 months now and I still get full blown erections. I can't speak for everyone (as a significant amount of people here have been on blockers for much longer than I), but t blockers aren't going to completely kill your functional abilities down there. Just gotta roll with the punches.
FFChristie

Postby Celia » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:25 pm

As always, your body does things in its own time, it won't conform to a schedule. You never know, one day you might miss them.
Non sibi sed Patriae
Celia

Postby prettydressedinpink » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:34 pm

FFChristie wrote:Hon, I've been on t blockers for 6 months now and I still get full blown erections. I can't speak for everyone (as a significant amount of people here have been on blockers for much longer than I), but t blockers aren't going to completely kill your functional abilities down there. Just gotta roll with the punches.

What blockers are they?.
it is not sound medical practice to remove testosterone from a body without a replacement.

Not helpful at all ,

I am on estrogen why would I need testosterone or my testicles for that matter?
New Blog link updated
Keep calm & stay focused
prettydressedinpink

Postby Erica<3 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:41 pm

I am not able to take estrogen for a year (a commitment I promised myself to make prior and for health certain health reasons (which i will discuss in another thread), it's best I wait the year to take them.. after that it will be fine)

In the meantime, I was hoping to get on t blockers.. just because I am afraid of going bald or something awful, testoterone feels like an evil prescence in my body and I figure I can just take t blockers lol..

is it really bad to take t-blockers without estrogen? I heard some people do that to look more androgynous.

I don't know how it would make you look more androgynyous it would just prevent testosterone from casuing any more damange (sorry to FTM's out ther lol.. I just hate my boy body)

so can I take t blockers without estrogen? is it worth it?
Erica<3

Postby FFChristie » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:28 pm

prettydressedinpink wrote:What blockers are they?.

Spiro, 50mg twice a day.
FFChristie

Postby prettydressedinpink » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:45 am

FFChristie wrote:

Spiro, 50mg twice a day.

they are not really blockers. I am talking about the implants ,they put under the skin
New Blog link updated
Keep calm & stay focused
prettydressedinpink

Postby ChloeB » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:36 am

prettydressedinpink wrote: Can't believe I was only put on low dose hormones with no blockers

Dam Sarah, after all this time and you still have no clue as to how the NHS, or how private will treat this :o

In the UK its the normal route to raise hormone levels before introducing a T Blocker injection. CHX normally likes to wait atleast 12-18 months after being on the hormones, before they will even consider it.

If you are still private then throw your toys out of the pram on your next visit and ask for it.
When you`re winning, keep working like you`re losing

We had our first child on the NHS, but had to wait 9 months. Next time we are going private.
ChloeB

Postby prettydressedinpink » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:42 am

ChloeB wrote:
prettydressedinpink wrote: Can't believe I was only put on low dose hormones with no blockers

Dam Sarah, after all this time and you still have no clue as to how the NHS, or how private will treat this :o

In the UK its the normal route to raise hormone levels before introducing a T Blocker injection. CHX normally likes to wait atleast 12-18 months after being on the hormones, before they will even consider it.

If you are still private then throw your toys out of the pram on your next visit and ask for it.

So your supposed to wait on a piss low dose of estrogen 0.5mg gel and watch as over a space of 6 months as they raised your estrogen level from a massive 150 to 160 and you still get erections and ,just want them gone.

looks like a orchie is gonna be the best option
New Blog link updated
Keep calm & stay focused
prettydressedinpink

Postby Einin » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:48 am

prettydressedinpink wrote:looks like a orchie is gonna be the best option

Or not as you may still be able to get it hard after it.

You need to relax. Transition is slow very slow but that ok its not a race.
Inconvenience
Einin

Postby prettydressedinpink » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:10 am

Einin wrote:
prettydressedinpink wrote:looks like a orchie is gonna be the best option

Or not as you may still be able to get it hard after it.

You need to relax. Transition is slow very slow but that ok its not a race.

Its not ok.
New Blog link updated
Keep calm & stay focused
prettydressedinpink

Postby Celia » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:12 am

Transition is the long game hun. You'll be better off emotionally not having a schedule.
Non sibi sed Patriae
Celia

Postby Amy Farrah Fowler » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:16 am

Erica<3 wrote:I am not able to take estrogen for a year (a commitment I promised myself to make prior and for health certain health reasons (which i will discuss in another thread), it's best I wait the year to take them.. after that it will be fine)

In the meantime, I was hoping to get on t blockers.. just because I am afraid of going bald or something awful, testoterone feels like an evil prescence in my body and I figure I can just take t blockers lol..

is it really bad to take t-blockers without estrogen? I heard some people do that to look more androgynous.

I don't know how it would make you look more androgynyous it would just prevent testosterone from casuing any more damange (sorry to FTM's out ther lol.. I just hate my boy body)

so can I take t blockers without estrogen? is it worth it?

T blockers without HRT result in osteopenia --> osteoporosis.

Baldness is caused almost entirely by a metabolite of T (DHT), not T itself. To block DHT with few or no side effects at low cost, go on finasteride. Preventing and reversing baldness is one of its primary FDA-approved uses, so no diagnosis of gender problems or therapy is necessary. An ordinary family doctor will prescribe it with no problem. In fact, if you're not out to your health care provider and MPB runs in your family, don't even bring up gender to get the Rx.
2011 - came out to myself + began electrolysis
2012 - started HRT + completed laser hair removal
2013 - name & gender changed + full-time en femme
S00N - finishing electrolysis + FFS + BA + SRS
Amy Farrah Fowler

Postby prettydressedinpink » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:19 am

I am going to get the money together to go abroad for surgery. If I could do it tomorrow I would.its good for those feel they can wait for their life to pass by but I just want to get through surgery and move on with my life.

p.s I would appreciate it if people would not hijack my thread.
New Blog link updated
Keep calm & stay focused
prettydressedinpink

Postby Amy Farrah Fowler » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:35 am

prettydressedinpink wrote:
ChloeB wrote:

So your supposed to wait on a piss low dose of estrogen 0.5mg gel and watch as over a space of 6 months as they raised your estrogen level from a massive 150 to 160 and you still get erections and ,just want them gone.

looks like a orchie is gonna be the best option

0.5 mg.? That's 500 mcg.! That's a pretty high dose for a gel, considering it's 10-20 times more efficient absorption than oral tablets. I'm on 100 mcg. patches, which is roughly equivalent to 2 mg. pills. 6-8 mg. a day is about as high as anyone can safely go, so 500 mcg. of gel is not low at all. Also, 150-160 blood estrogen is normal female range. More germane to the problem is your serum T level. What is it? Normal female range is pretty broad, anywhere from 20 to 80.

prettydressedinpink wrote:I am going to get the money together to go abroad for surgery. If I could do it tomorrow I would.its good for those feel they can wait for their life to pass by but I just want to get through surgery and move on with my life.

Do you mean orchi or SRS? IIRC, both have the same requirements in terms of referral letters, full-time RLE and time on hormones, except that orchi is way cheaper. Orchi can possibly take up to three to five years to eliminate erections, even though it can happen a lot faster depending on the individual. (Many eunuchs guarding harems had a lot more fun than the sultan ever suspected.) The only way to guarantee elimination of erections is SRS. That may be what you were referring to, but I wasn't sure.
Amy Farrah Fowler

Postby Celia » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:39 am

So essentially you want to pay more money for a two part procedure? (orchi and SRS)

I may be a teenager but I'm of the opinion you're making the wrong move. You may not even lose your erections, you're looking at a painful recovery, and a sizable chunk of money you could spend elsewhere. It's your life though.

And for the record, I stopped getting them 3 months into HRT (1 month after adding AA) and I wish I kept the ability longer.
Non sibi sed Patriae
Celia

Postby Einin » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:48 am

prettydressedinpink wrote:Its not ok.

You very much should see some type of councilor that knows about trans stuff. If you have a local LGBT center they will likely have a free one you can see.
Inconvenience
Einin

Postby prettydressedinpink » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:04 pm

Einin wrote:
prettydressedinpink wrote:Its not ok.

You very much should see some type of councilor that knows about trans stuff. If you have a local LGBT center they will likely have a free one you can see.

lol you are funny. No such thing exsist where I live ,you see ordinary counsellors that have no clue about gender and well the gic dont send you to see any.

what a joker. Feels to me that you American folk have it good.
New Blog link updated
Keep calm & stay focused
prettydressedinpink

Postby prettydressedinpink » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:06 pm

0.5 sandrena is the lowest possible dose. They come in 0.5 ,1 and 1.5

0.5 mg.? That's 500 mcg.! That's a pretty high dose for a gel, considering it's 10-20 times more efficient absorption than oral tablets. I'm on 100 mcg. patches, which is roughly equivalent to 2 mg. pills. 6-8 mg. a day is about as high as anyone can safely go, so 500 mcg. of gel is not low at all. Also, 150-160 blood estrogen is normal female range. More germane to the problem is your serum T level. What is it? Normal female range is pretty broad, anywhere from 20 to 80.

prettydressedinpink wrote:I am going to get the money together to go abroad for surgery. If I could do it tomorrow I would.its good for those feel they can wait for their life to pass by but I just want to get through surgery and move on with my life.

Do you mean orchi or SRS? IIRC, both have the same requirements in terms of referral letters, full-time RLE and time on hormones, except that orchi is way cheaper. Orchi can possibly take up to three to five years to eliminate erections, even though it can happen a lot faster depending on the individual. (Many eunuchs guarding harems had a lot more fun than the sultan ever suspected.) The only way to guarantee elimination of erections is SRS. That may be what you were referring to, but I wasn't sure.[/quote]
New Blog link updated
Keep calm & stay focused
prettydressedinpink

Postby Amy Farrah Fowler » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:45 pm

WOW! :o

I do know what the patches are equivalent to in pill form, but maybe patches and gels are not equal to each other, even though they're both absorbed through the skin. Maybe 500 mcg. gel (which you said is the lowest gel dose) equals a 50 mcg. patch (which is the smallest patch normally) and thus 1 mg. gel equals a 100 mcg. patch?

Huh.
Amy Farrah Fowler

Postby Einin » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:56 pm

prettydressedinpink wrote:lol you are funny. No such thing exsist where I live ,you see ordinary counsellors that have no clue about gender and well the gic dont send you to see any.

what a joker. Feels to me that you American folk have it good.

I'm not American, I'm English I do how ever live in Scotland and have for many years but I'm very very English I have afternoon tea and play tennis on the lawn yo.

The GIC I go to do send you to see any but you can ask to. slower under some health boards. but there are lots of LGBT or QUILTBAG centers round the UK that will often have part time QUILTBAG councilors that you can see for free or donation. Were is it you live. You'r in England right? were abouts are you based.

I'm not meaning to be rude but it would seem to me that what you could do with is talking about lots of you issues as there is no quick fix to any of them.
Inconvenience
Einin

Postby prettydressedinpink » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:28 pm

Thanks ,but I dont have any issues, I know what I want and plan to get it.
New Blog link updated
Keep calm & stay focused
prettydressedinpink

Postby prettydressedinpink » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:31 pm

2mg progy nova is the same as 0.5 sandrena because you lose 1mg of the progynova when it goes through liver the first time round.
New Blog link updated
Keep calm & stay focused
prettydressedinpink

Postby Sam » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:45 pm

prettydressedinpink wrote:Thanks ,but I dont have any issues

Sorry... but thanks for making me laugh.

prettydressedinpink wrote:2mg progy nova is the same as 0.5 sandrena

No. It's not the same. By far. If progynova is an apple... sandrena is a pineapple. Can't compare the two.
Be yourself (I am the Stinkfist!)
Sam

Postby prettydressedinpink » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:54 pm

Sam wrote:
prettydressedinpink wrote:Thanks ,but I dont have any issues

Sorry... but thanks for making me laugh.

prettydressedinpink wrote:2mg progy nova is the same as 0.5 sandrena

No. It's not the same. By far. If progynova is an apple... sandrena is a pineapple. Can't compare the two.

Yep both fruit you can buy at the supermarket. Nice comparison
New Blog link updated
Keep calm & stay focused
prettydressedinpink

Postby prettydressedinpink » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:03 pm

ChloeB wrote:

Upon inspection this info is total bull 12-18months? Bwahahaha

they prescribe blockers the same time as hormones. You tell some good ones
New Blog link updated
Keep calm & stay focused
prettydressedinpink

Postby FFChristie » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:04 pm

So many lulz in this thread. I nominate this for thread of the year!
FFChristie

Postby ej3ae » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:04 pm

[quote="Amy Farrah Fowler]Baldness is caused almost entirely by a metabolite of T (DHT), not T itself. To block DHT with few or no side effects at low cost, go on finasteride.[/quote]

I know that hormone effects vary massively from person to person but from my own experience I am certainly happy with the combined effect that low dose progynova and finasteride (with no other meds) is having on my body 6 weeks into HRT. Very early days though of course...

As this thread specifically refers to erections I should add that my spontaneous erections (like first thing in the morning) have stopped. I am not a chemist so its not really for me to say that was definitely drug x or drug y but I suspect from the side effect profile literature that it 'might' be the finasteride.

As Amy Farrah Fowler says Finasteride is not an AA like Spiro, Cypro or the implants (e.g. Decapeptyl) which Sarah is referring to but it can play an important role in MTF hormone therapy.

As for the implant I should be using them but can't afford it at the moment. I will be interested to see what my post 8 week blood test shows as to whether I need it going forward.
ej3ae
New

Postby Tracyohus » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:00 am

prettydressedinpink wrote:Thanks ,but I dont have any issues...

Now that's funny right there. It's pretty obvious that you do have issues - and you need to learn how to deal with them.

Erica<3 wrote:is it really bad to take t-blockers without estrogen?

It is not uncommon for some M2F transgendered people to go on low dose anti-androgen therapy. I personally feel this is a good idea, as long as you have appropriate medical supervision.
Sometimes you need to do what's best for you and your life,
not what's best for everybody else.
Tracyohus

Postby prettydressedinpink » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:00 am

Tracyohus wrote:
prettydressedinpink wrote:Thanks ,but I dont have any issues...

Now that's funny right there. It's pretty obvious that you do have issues - and you need to learn how to deal with them.

Erica<3 wrote:is it really bad to take t-blockers without estrogen?

It is not uncommon for some M2F transgendered people to go on low dose anti-androgen therapy. I personally feel this is a good idea, as long as you have appropriate medical supervision.

Now that is pretty sound advice telling a member its a good idea to be on blockers when it will be harmful ,blocking the one and only hormone in a persons body will not only lead to bone problems but heart problems too , you stupid bitch
New Blog link updated
Keep calm & stay focused
prettydressedinpink

Postby FFChristie » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:35 am

Thread of the year, folks.
FFChristie

Postby Microodyke » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:57 am

Sarah, before you spend any money on an orchi, it would benefit you greatly to spend some of that money on a therapist (then save a little longer for the orchi if you are THEN sure it is the right way to go.) There is no going back once you've removed your gonatropic factories, and having read your posts where you freaked out about having exogenous hormones coursing through your body, I don't think you are ready for that step.

Over the years, I've had a lot of experience with mammals that don't have sex hormones (We spay or neuter our pets at a young age, and they all have gone on to live long and healthy lives) Perhaps the importance you ascribe to gonadatropic hormones isn't quite what you deem it to be.
Microodyke

Postby prettydressedinpink » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:21 pm

Thanks microodyke for a decent reply.

I dont agree. When I freaked out on hormones its because I took the hormones from inhouse and for all I know they could have been messed with or not even real.

iv been on hormones I get from my drs and iv been on for about 5 months.
I think a orchie is a waste of money now because for double the cost of an orchie I could have srs instead.

for now I am going to try t blockers if I can and save for surgery.

I know that any surgery is permanent and I am fine with that. I dont need therapy ,but I am seeing a therapist for free regarding my anxiety about taking medicine.

one thing I have a problem with is waiting 2 years for surgery.I would like to get it over and out the way so I can carry on with my life.
New Blog link updated
Keep calm & stay focused
prettydressedinpink

Postby Sam » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:49 pm

prettydressedinpink wrote:you stupid bitch

Going on that tangent again are we? You've proven again and again you're rather clueless on most things transition and you call others stupid? How about you _educate_ yourself on the matter before spewing out idiocies?

Your threads _always_ lead to this. You being a smartass, someone correcting you, you start with the bitching and after a while... apologising begins. Woo hoo. Yeah, everyone else is an idot.
Sam

Postby Kittychloe » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:55 pm

There are a few small cases where you can get an orchi for free, in a few countries it's covered by Medicare (may be different where you live) but only for cases of sever pain or other abnormalities that would normally need medical intervention
24/11/87 - Born
18/09/08 - joined forum (cassiegrl)
06/07/09 - Start Hrt
--/11/09 - Start Laser, also went full time pre laser/electro (stupid move)
06/07/11 - Broke Arm
Srs/Ba fund - kitty litter bottle full of coins
Kittychloe

Postby Tracyohus » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:17 am

prettydressedinpink wrote:...you stupid bitch

I am far from stupid and even farther from being a B.
Tracyohus

Postby prettydressedinpink » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:59 am

Ok Sam so your saying its perfectly ok for someone to be on blockers when they are not on hormones?
New Blog link updated
Keep calm & stay focused
prettydressedinpink

Postby Sam » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:04 am

How about you actually read what you're quoting before calling people stupid bitches?
Tracyohus wrote:as long as you have appropriate medical supervision.

Cos right now, you're the only 'stupid bitch' in here. You hear something somewhere, or read something somewhere (the context, of course, flies right above your head) and you take it as the truth (nothing but the truth).

No. It's NOT ok to _wipe out_ the production of both hormones. It is however perfectly OK to _lower_ the levels of the one bothering you (in this case... T) or raise the one you want. In the end it's all about ratios and not levels. Under, as said before, medical supervision.

BTW, plenty of trans women go through transition without so much as touching AAs. And do it successfully.
Sam

Postby UberMicro » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:24 am

prettydressedinpink wrote:blocking the one and only hormone in a persons body will not only lead to bone problems but heart problems too

Only if you block all of it, which usually isn't possible on low doses if you haven't had an orchi (and if you have, you don't want to kill that last bit of T in your body anyway).

I've kept my vow for about 1 whole month. Not a single, recognisable, articulate sound has passed my lips. (But unlike the hermit, I'm now off to try again...)
UberMicro

Postby Tracyohus » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:30 am

prettydressedinpink wrote:Ok Sam so your saying its perfectly ok for someone to be on blockers when they are not on hormones?

It is obvious that you have not bothered to take the time to learn what you need to know about this. Typically, transgendered patients need to be able to demonstrate reasonable knowledge of the medications involved in transition before scripts are written. Your demonstrated lack of knowledge about this may be a big part of the reasons why you are not getting what you want - or think you need.
Tracyohus

Postby Sam » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:48 pm

Tracyohus wrote:Your demonstrated lack of knowledge about this may be a big part of the reasons why you are not getting what you want - or think you need.

Sadly... we've tried that route. A number of times. We've not just hit a wall... but had a bed of nails also thrown at us. She's right... everyone else is wrong. Talking sense into her is like trying to stand an egg on a table (without the salt): it takes a lot of attempts and when you finally make it... it topples over just as you start thinking "hell yeah!". And you're back to square one.

That's why I just stopped bothering. Let her live her illusions.
Sam

Postby zoetrope » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:01 pm

CHX, can't talk for any others, and this is only in my experience, prescribed me those lovely little sub-cut implant full-on short-circuit your brain into not producing ~any~ endogenous hormones at all baby after, oh, about six months of me starting on HRT. If that's what you want, then it's worth the wait. I probably had a lower T count ~then~ than I do now.

Then again, the morning wood had stopped after a couple of months of being on a stupidly piddling dose of spiro when I was self-medding anyway. So, whatever.

Keep with the low dose HRT. Ramp up the dose slowly. LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTORS, unless they are utter jerks, then just get what you can out of them. It'll work out over time.
It's very interesting what you don't care about. - Doris Lessing

I'M A BLOWFISH! BLOWFISH! YEEEAAAH! BLOWFISHIN' THIS UP! - Jesse Pinkman

Psychology: making you feel guilty for being normal since 1856
zoetrope

Postby zoetrope » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:45 pm

Man, I forget so much. I had, in fact, forgotten that I was on Ethynilestradiol for nine months, which means I had started the clinic's HRT thingy regimen almost a year earlier than I thought I'd done. Which means I had been on E only HRT for *counts* 15 months before I got the injection.

So I lied to you all.

Damn.

Then again, give me a break, this was seven years ago.

Which is hilarious, in a way, because it was so damn important I get it done so quickly back then, and now I can hardly remember what all the fuss was about.

TIME IS A GREAT HEALER, and other cliques.
It's very interesting what you don't care about. - Doris Lessing

I'M A BLOWFISH! BLOWFISH! YEEEAAAH! BLOWFISHIN' THIS UP! - Jesse Pinkman

Psychology: making you feel guilty for being normal since 1856
zoetrope

Postby prettydressedinpink » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:01 pm

zoetrope wrote:

CHX, can't talk for any others, and this is only in my experience, prescribed me those lovely little sub-cut implant full-on short-circuit your brain into not producing ~any~ endogenous hormones at all baby after, oh, about six months of me starting on HRT. If that's what you want, then it's worth the wait. I probably had a lower T count ~then~ than I do now.

Then again, the morning wood had stopped after a couple of months of being on a stupidly piddling dose of spiro when I was self-medding anyway. So, whatever.

Keep with the low dose HRT. Ramp up the dose slowly. LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTORS, unless they are utter jerks, then just get what you can out of them. It'll work out over time.

I been on a low dose for quite a while now and going to see Dr soon to see if he will increase the dose and maybe prescribe blockers like the implants

that is why I wanted to find out and why I posted ,but apparently I am to stupid and do not understand about hormones or blockers.

I guess I dont understand that the implants send your pituitary gland in to over drive and that after a few days it shuts down.

My concern is the that certain websites like the nhs website says that the implants can damage the pituitary gland and cause blindness or cause it to rupture / bleed

that is why I thought maybe a orchie would be safer.
New Blog link updated
Keep calm & stay focused
prettydressedinpink

Postby Shiraz » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:13 pm

FFChristie wrote:

Spiro, 50mg twice a day.

No wonder you still have erections. Spiro doesn't work, it's a very weak T-blocker. I already mentioned it on this site, the US is the only country in the world M2F transsexuals are prescribed Spironolactone. Everywhere else on the planet, pre-op girls are on Cyproterone. I get mine from InhousePharmacy, they're very reliable and serious:

(link removed by mod)

I go to Callen Lorde in NY and my doctor knows I'm on Cyproterone, he's not allowed to prescribe it to me so I have to order it from Inhousepharmacy but he's ok with it.
Last edited by nexyjo on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed link for illegal drug
Shiraz
Regular

Postby Sam » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:46 pm

Shiraz wrote:No wonder you still have erections. Spiro doesn't work, it's a very weak T-blocker.

And you're just being clueless and judgmental. Plenty of trans women transitioned on spiro. A lot of trans women transition without ever touching AAs.

Yes, cyproterone acetate is a more potent AA than spiro (different course of action tho, so you can't possibly compare them). And no, not all the world (except for the US) transitions on cyproterone. There's also a tradeoff wity cyproterone... it's quite a bit more dangerous than spiro.

Oh and, I get erections. Even the occasional morning 'woody'. Let me tell you what I'm on. 100mg cyproterone acetate daily. No wonder I have erections, right? Oh wait... nevermind... I must be spechul.

Did you ever stop to think people are individuals and as such react to meds differently? Spiro is good enough for most people.
Sam

Postby FFChristie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:54 pm

It's quite all right, Sam. She obviously knows my entire life situation, I mean, she has to because she feels she can dictate to me which is the better course of action for me to take, right?

BTW, Shiraz, you obviously read my posts, did you ever once notice me complain or whine or bitch that I still get erections? Sexual function is important to me, and was one of my major concerns when I started HRT. Is my plan to get GCS? Hell yes, but that doesn't mean that until then I want to give up my complete sexual functionality.

Take a look at the pics I post. I'm not the 100% picture of femininity, but I seem to be doin' it right (as the Internet colloquialism is).
FFChristie

Postby Sam » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:05 pm

FFChristie wrote:It's quite all right, Sam. She obviously knows my entire life situation, I mean, she has to because she feels she can dictate to me which is the better course of action for me to take, right?

My hormones are better than yours!!!!!!!!!1ELEVEN
Sam

Postby Shiraz » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:48 am

Sam wrote:
Shiraz wrote:No wonder you still have erections. Spiro doesn't work, it's a very weak T-blocker.

And you're just being clueless and judgmental. Plenty of trans women transitioned on spiro. A lot of trans women transition without ever touching AAs.

Yes, cyproterone acetate is a more potent AA than spiro (different course of action tho, so you can't possibly compare them). And no, not all the world (except for the US) transitions on cyproterone. There's also a tradeoff wity cyproterone... it's quite a bit more dangerous than spiro.

Oh and, I get erections. Even the occasional morning 'woody'. Let me tell you what I'm on. 100mg cyproterone acetate daily. No wonder I have erections, right? Oh wait... nevermind... I must be spechul.

Did you ever stop to think people are individuals and as such react to meds differently? Spiro is good enough for most people.

Why do you insult me when I just bring facts on the table? It's known that Cyproterone is about 4x's more powerful than Spiro, that's non-judgemental BUT a medical fact! Spiro at such high levels is hazardous for cardio-vascular health, that's what you read on various european transgender boards and YES the widespread prescription of Spiro to treat M2Fs only occurs in the US and nowhere else. I met a girl from Montreal last summer, on Cyproterone NOT Spiro and if you speak foreigh languages like I do you can read european transgender boards, girls in Europe all take Cypro which is a german brand by the way.
Shiraz
Regular

Next

Return to Transition

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2012 The Ultimate Paradigm