SRS and Peeing

RLT, HRT, FFS, and SRS Support

SRS and Peeing

Postby Randi » Sun May 13, 2012 10:03 am

Last night I was out on the town and used the unisex bathrooms at the Bistro. It had been a while since the bathrooms were cleaned and there was a puddle in front of the toilet.

Since I still have male genitals I was able to stand to the side and pee without difficulty.

Despite my desire to be female, it's un-deniable that when confronted with a dirty bathroom, having a pee-spout is a handy thing.

I know among FTM's the ability to pee standing up is very important and greatly desired.

I could handle the expense and pain and other obstacles involved with SRS, but I wonder if I would miss just being able to whip it out and be done with it.

Of course less than half of the human population can pee standing up, and they all seem to get by.
I just wonder if any of you post-op MTF's ever miss this ability. After decades of being male, this seems like a pretty big deal to me. How about you?

Randi
Randi

Re: SRS and Peeing

Postby shani » Sun May 13, 2012 10:26 am

im mtf too [pre everything]
and i dont realy like the standpeeing thing
i like it more while sitting lolz

so i guess if i ever get post op i will never miss standing and doing my thing
shani

Postby AlisonRain2 » Sun May 13, 2012 11:12 am

i don't miss it. what i gained outweighs any extra inconvenience of having to squat and wipe.
penguins CAN fly. building a jetpack for my stuffed penguin.
AlisonRain2

Postby nexyjo » Sun May 13, 2012 12:37 pm

it's one of the fews things i do miss.
nexyjo
Board Moderator

Postby prettydressedinpink » Sun May 13, 2012 2:55 pm

There are things you can buy ,so you can pee standing ,any girl can :oops:

Must admit after srs I am not looking forward to some of the nasty bathrooms iv seen. I am glad I can stand up in those places, if they where clean I would sit down.

The portable urinating device for women.

The portable urinating device for women allows women to urinate whilst standing and without removing clothes. Great for camping, walking, skiing, climbing, traffic jams, travelling, unhygienic public toilets & much more. No more uncomfortable squatting or bare bottoms!

they are on amazon I believe
New Blog link updated
http://mythaisrs.com
Keep calm & stay focused
prettydressedinpink

Postby nikki_b » Sun May 13, 2012 3:10 pm

I actually faced that dilemma last night.... to stand or to sit and end up in a puddle. I ended up whipping it out, but.... I felt guilty doing so. I guess while I have it I might as well use it, but I just felt like I'd rather not have to make that choice.

I guess we all handle it differently. I felt guilty doing it, but given the choice, I would probably do the same again. It's not like I'll miss the ability, but I'll use it when I feel it is necessary.
Follow your heart. Dare to be different. Embrace diversity. Give everything you have into your work, your love, your life. If you aren't ready to lose everything, you aren't ready to gain everything. Play the game right- go all in - in everything you do.
nikki_b

Postby zoetrope » Sun May 13, 2012 5:18 pm

This is so not even slightly an issue for me.

As for grotty bathrooms. Meh. I just pick a stall with toilet roll and then wipe the seat if I have to. Like, no problem, you know?
It's very interesting what you don't care about. - Doris Lessing

I'M A BLOWFISH! BLOWFISH! YEEEAAAH! BLOWFISHIN' THIS UP! - Jesse Pinkman

Psychology: making you feel guilty for being normal since 1856
zoetrope

Postby BecomingSusan » Sun May 13, 2012 5:45 pm

It hasn't been much of a problem for me, so far. Sometimes, I just hold it till I can find a nicer bathroom. It is also possible to sort of bend and pee without actually contacting the toilet seat. I've done that once. I also sometimes gather up my skirt or dress and tuck it into my bra.

As long as a person has the option, there will be a temptation to use the easier method, I suppose. Now that I don't have that option, I don't really think of it very much. If anything bothers me, it's the extra clothing that I wear that has to be removed or adjusted. Sometimes that seems to be a bit of a hassle. Panty liners are a bother too. But mostly, it just isn't something I think about very much.
Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.--Mark Twain
BecomingSusan

Postby Ashley Ackley » Sun May 13, 2012 10:42 pm

I catch myself more and more just sitting the hell down for a rest :P

I have been on hormones for 8 months, so my male bits are as big as a good pencil eraser, but I still manage, if busy, to do a quick and simple "drive by" pee standing up.

I dont feel bad for using what I have, It's about time that thing became good for something!
Ashley Ackley
New

Postby Tara » Sun May 13, 2012 10:57 pm

zoetrope wrote:This is so not even slightly an issue for me.

As for grotty bathrooms. Meh. I just pick a stall with toilet roll and then wipe the seat if I have to. Like, no problem, you know?

Yeah, that for me as well. Not that I'm thrilled cleaning other people's messes, but it's preferable to me.
~*~ Tara

“What do you fear, lady?” he asked.
“A cage,” she said. “To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Tara

Postby Telanas » Mon May 14, 2012 8:58 am

I really don't like standing in front of a urinal; I cant ever seem to be back far enough to prevent it splashing a bit regardless of where I aim. So I've just been sitting whenever possible anyway. I dont think that has anything to do with me being MtF though...

--Telanas (Summer Anne)
--Telanas (Summer Anne)
Telanas

Postby jennx » Mon May 14, 2012 9:12 am

[quote="nexyjo"]it's one of the fews things i do miss.[/quote]

Of all the guy stuff I hate... I think this will be on of the few that I'll miss as well. I'm sort of a germ-a-phobe.

:lol:
jennx

Postby Celia » Mon May 14, 2012 7:24 pm

I squat if I'm hiking and in the need for a wee, even if standing would be easier in that time and place - it just feels more natural for me, even if my arse is bare to the cold breeze. It isnt something I'll miss because its not something I do.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy some so-called male hobbies such as fire and tattoos, but taking out the little guy isn't something I do.
Non sibi sed Patriae
Celia

Postby Dorothy Stepford » Mon May 14, 2012 7:53 pm

A penis is not a precision instrument.

There are tiny rivulets and spatters that get all over the place when people stand up and pee with their penises.

Anyone who lives with men and cleans their bathroom knows that everyone should sit down in homes, and anyone who doesn't like pee on their clothes and shoes is advised to sit in public.

There are a whole bunch of people walking around with pee on them. Ew.
-BDSM

"The truth will set you free. But not until it's finished with you." -DFW

"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me." HST

First we take Manhattan...then we take Berlin!
Dorothy Stepford

Postby Celia » Mon May 14, 2012 7:55 pm

Dorothy Stepford wrote:A penis is not a precision instrument.

I beg to differ. :wink:
Non sibi sed Patriae
Celia

Postby BecomingSusan » Mon May 14, 2012 7:57 pm

Dorothy Stepford wrote:A penis is not a precision instrument.

There are tiny rivulets and spatters that get all over the place when people stand up and pee with their penises.

Anyone who lives with men and cleans their bathroom knows that everyone should sit down in homes, and anyone who doesn't like pee on their clothes and shoes is advised to sit in public.

There are a whole bunch of people walking around with pee on them. Ew.

So true this is.
Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.--Mark Twain
BecomingSusan

Postby Kittychloe » Mon May 14, 2012 10:21 pm

Pre-op and I couldn't stand up and pee to save my life (except in the shower).. Haven't been able to since I was born.. Urethral stricture is to thank
24/11/87 - Born
18/09/08 - joined forum (cassiegrl)
06/07/09 - Start Hrt
--/11/09 - Start Laser, also went full time pre laser/electro (stupid move)
06/07/11 - Broke Arm
Srs/Ba fund - kitty litter bottle full of coins
Kittychloe

Postby PossiblyAnna » Sat May 19, 2012 12:16 pm

I've thought about that before. Went into one of those porta potties at a fair, and thought, "can't I cheat?? just a little??"

But... I haven't. I mean, I'm not going to cheat *in* the women's restroom. I think that would cause some problems.

-anna
No "possibly" about it anymore... I'm Anna!

Yep, that's me!
PossiblyAnna

Postby Donna » Sun May 20, 2012 9:16 am

Sit or stand. Sit have done for years. rarely stand. can count on one hand the number of times in the past 5 years.
Admitted to wife: 10 Mar 12
First Psych appt: 14 Mar 12
Appt with Psychiatrist: 4 Jun 12 - 27 Aug 12
Work informed: 13 Sep 12
Name change: 27 Sep 12
HRT: 11 Oct 13
SRS: 4 Nov 12
Back to work: (Including Leave) 28 Jan 14
Donna

Return to Transition

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression