boob job, is it really necessary?

RLT, HRT, FFS, and SRS Support

boob job, is it really necessary?

Postby RedPie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:20 pm

it just made me think, do you think boob jobs are really necessary for us?

If youre taking horms already, it will grow naturally, slow but it will. Maybe as they say not as big as the world average but they're tits nonetheless.

Im just saying, maybe we really dont need to, if its just for the sake of passing. its more attractive but... then again, you may have small tits but if the rest of your body still looks hot and it compliments it together then you can still look fine.

theres a ton of women out there who are as flat as a board. take models for one, dancers, athletes, kiera knightley, or just you know...

there's a LOT of men out there who would really prefer small tits over implants, its for some reason again have something to do with they want it natural... whatever

there's a lot of men who do not mind small tits to begin with.

me I'm an A ok. men said they dont mind it, some tried it for themselves and said they like it. point being, a size A can be enough to make some men happy. And I think most of you can reach upto B right? im from asia so...

and if were going for the application, i think in practice its more of a visual appeal, because when youre doing it with a guy... I think their attention is not really there. most often they dont even care about it at all taht you might actually have to call them out on it coz they almost never even bother touching it, they care more on where they can use their thingy.

well, anyone have any experience with this or anything?
RedPie

Re: boob job, is it really necessary?

Postby Debbie.H » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:46 pm

i'd be happy with small, perky b cups :D
HATERS ARE GONNA HATE
Debbie.H

Postby AliciaRyanne » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:02 pm

I do NOT care what men do or do not want. If I get implants, its not for someone else. It would be because it makes me FEEL better about ME!!! and how I feel I should look in the mirror. I would not be ok with just being an A or even a small B.

Besides, Im not into guys anyhow, so...that part is a mute point.
AliciaRyanne

Postby LVTrish » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:02 pm

that point cant even talk!
The "LV" stands for Spring Hill!
LVTrish

Postby Erin N » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:06 pm

RedPie wrote:it just made me think, do you think boob jobs are really necessary for us?

My main problem is the 'us' part. You know that there are cis women that like... have small breasts? Is it necessary for them to have a 'boob job'? Are they having trouble passing because of small breasts? I mean, cause big ginormous breasts = woman. Totally. /:

It's whatever you want to do with your body and makes you comfortable IMO.
HRT - Oct 17, '11.
Out of the proverbial closet - Mar 19, '13
Erin N

Postby Dorothy Stepford » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:09 pm

The term 'moot point' is actually supposed to mean that it's a point that's up for debate, but then Americans started using it, and well...you know how we do!

And no, boob jobs aren't necessary, as long as the whole package looks good. Or not, for a lot of people, attractiveness itself isn't really necessary, honestly. In my line of work, I'm fortunate that guys appreciate my little mouthfuls. I see a lot of bad boob jobs out there -like when they look like a couple coffee cans that were haphazardly stitched on.
-BDSM

"The truth will set you free. But not until it's finished with you." -DFW

"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me." HST

First we take Manhattan...then we take Berlin!
Dorothy Stepford

Postby RedPie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:14 pm

sorry but whats a cis woman? comfortable in shape or coz im small?
RedPie

Postby LVTrish » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:25 pm

Clueless Insufferable Sham

No, thats not it...

Ah, here we go

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cis

Cis-" as a prefix of Latin origin, meaning "on the same side [as]" or "on this side [of]", with several derived usages:

In gender studies, cisgender and cissexual gender identities are two related types of gender identity[citation needed] where an individual's self-perception and presentation of their gender matches the behaviors and roles considered appropriate for one's sex
LVTrish

Postby ChloeSF » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:25 pm

As with anything, what might be "necessary" for one person, might not be for another. In other words, people vary. :)
ChloeSF

Postby RedPie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:35 pm

ok, so thats what you call them? thats new for me... back then I usually hear people call them as gg...

im so clueless :cry:
RedPie

Postby corvus.corax » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:29 pm

some people just want bigger tits. they don't need your approval. you don't like them? don't get them. your judgemental attitude isn't appreciated on a forum with numerous members who have implants. starting a thread about it couched in built-in negative language is what wasn't necessary. learn some discretion for fuck's sake.
Call in an air strike with a poison kiss.
corvus.corax

Postby RedPie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:42 pm

if you got the implants, then you have bigger boobs. so whats the bad thing about that? if any of you do?

its like me saying you can have a corolla for a car for home-work, and thats ok, its "doable". i didnt say its bad to drive a bmw or benz... of course its more interesting to do that... so? bad analogy but... investment wise its close, the procedure costs money afterall.

and its clearly given already that ... we do what we want to do anyway, whether we need to or not, and theres no foul in that. I dont need to eat a chowmein for 2 earlier but i did... but that wasnt the point.

and yeah ok, im sorry im used to casual conversations. how else do you want to call a boob job then? coz thats what know its called? do you need to be formal here?
RedPie

Postby LVTrish » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:55 pm

lol *popcorn*
LVTrish

Postby BecomingSusan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:11 pm

I see a lot of those cars mentioned in the rear-view mirror of my Corvette. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.) But Corvettes are really very practical. If I'm half-way down the block and the light turns yellow, I can usually still make it before it turns red.

There's more than one reason for having breast augmentation (BA). Sometimes it's for shaping or balance, if one is smaller than the other. Trans women often have implants for proportionality. That is, bigger breasts make the shoulders seem relatively smaller.

My conclusion as it pertains to my own transition is to wait and see how well they grow on their own. I've heard having implants while they're still growing can be a problem because they could get too big. Also, it's best to have enough natural growth to cover the implant. It's not cool if the implant shows.

As I don't have very broad shoulders, my reason for having implants is likely to be for shaping, should I choose to get implants at all. I've noticed men taking long looks at my existing A-cups, so I know it's going well. I'm also still getting a lot of growth pains. However, I think I would like more fullness and better cleavage. A nice décolletage, as it were.

I wondered for a while when would be the best time to make the BA decision. For me, the answer is, not yet.
Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.--Mark Twain
BecomingSusan

Postby nexyjo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:26 pm

BecomingSusan wrote:I see a lot of those cars mentioned in the rear-view mirror of my Corvette.

back in the day, i used to see a lot of corvettes in the rear view mirrors of my honda v45 magna bike. and porsches, and bmw's...

so there.

i opted not to get implants as i don't do so well with surgery. but i did think about it, and still do.
nexyjo
Board Moderator

Postby BecomingSusan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:38 pm

nexyjo wrote:
BecomingSusan wrote:I see a lot of those cars mentioned in the rear-view mirror of my Corvette.

back in the day, i used to see a lot of corvettes in the rear view mirrors of my honda v45 magna bike. and porsches, and bmw's...

so there.

Ha Ha Ha ... Even my old GS850 Suzuki can take my Vette from crosswalk to crosswalk, but the other day I was cruising at 140+ MPH and didn't see any bikes. Come to think of it, I didn't see anything behind me at all. (I did do 140 on a bike once, though.)
Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.--Mark Twain
BecomingSusan

Postby BecomingSusan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:44 pm

Another thing about BA...

A friend who has implants says that they're like having a built-in bra. This really helps a girl "look good naked."
BecomingSusan

Postby ChloeSF » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:03 pm

I've been thinking about getting BA, but having yet another surgery is a bit daunting. And I don't have a car, so if those of you who do see me walking along the road, give me a ride, won't you? :-)
ChloeSF

Postby nikki88 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:55 pm

BecomingSusan wrote: Also, it's best to have enough natural growth to cover the implant. It's not cool if the implant shows.

If the silicone or saline gel implanted underneath the muscle the implant will not show and it will look natural. But if the silicon implant on top of the muscle than it will look like Victoria Beckham's old breast implant which show the shape of the implant. Taking hormone longer is to let the implant to drop so it look natural. Without hormone, the implant will not drop. I have a friend she had implant, but no hormone, and her breast is forever high.
This is Nikki
Height: 5'5" (166.5cm)
Weight: 58Kg
Chest: 38.9 inch (32DDD)
Waist: 28 inch
Hip: 42 inch
Shoe size: 7 or may be 6.5 (37.5)
nikki88
Regular

Postby nikki88 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:16 pm

Having adequate tissue is important for the implant to sit properly in the breast. I make a mistake and choose too big implant, 600CC (my first BA in 2009) for my small A breast. I end up doing another 2 more revision BA surgery and now i am thinking to have another BA revision next year :o
This is Nikki
Height: 5'5" (166.5cm)
Weight: 58Kg
Chest: 38.9 inch (32DDD)
Waist: 28 inch
Hip: 42 inch
Shoe size: 7 or may be 6.5 (37.5)
nikki88
Regular

Postby BoxedIn » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:49 am

It's an individual choice. I'd love to have them as I don't think mine will get large enough to match my frame.
Hi, I'm Beth....
BoxedIn

Postby Tracyohus » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:36 am

RedPie wrote:it just made me think, do you think boob jobs are really necessary for us?

It is completely up to the individual. Don't let anyone convince you that you must have this or that procedure. Not everyone needs a boob job, a nose job, body contouring or FFS. Some of us develop just fine with hormones alone. After a few years of HRT and a healthy diet and exercise regimen, my body looks normal for a woman of my height and weight. That is better than good enough for me. So I am content in that department.
Sometimes you need to do what's best for you and your life,
not what's best for everybody else.
Tracyohus

Postby Ciel Sapphire » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:29 am

:lol: Necessary? probably not, but then again when have they ever been? Though some women get reductions due to pain or awkwardness so I guess that type of "boob job" might be.

I think I would consider it if I stopped at like a B or less, simply because irish decent.. big rib cage.. larger breasts would disguise that more, but I think I'd be more inclined to deal with other things first.. :lol: It's one of those things, it's vanity, and we know it, but if it makes you feel better and you have well done implants, why not? A lot of things we do are for vanity's sake... It doesn't make them bad or good they just kind of are.

also.. thank you brain http://youtu.be/u1jzVJjk32E :lol:
Rowan or Rose..? not sure
exit closet final: 7-2012
Pretty wig: 8-2012
counseling: 9-2012
Hrt: ????
Ciel Sapphire

Postby BecomingSusan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:43 am

I don't think it's only for vanity. That can be part of it, for sure. However, I think BA also can do a lot for self confidence. I know I feel better when I'm thinking my breasts are looking good, like when I'm wearing a push-up bra with the right top. I know that the better type of confidence comes from within, but heck, I'll take it any way I can get it.
BecomingSusan

Postby Ciel Sapphire » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:53 am

BecomingSusan wrote:I don't think it's only for vanity. That can be part of it, for sure. However, I think BA also can do a lot for self confidence. I know I feel better when I'm thinking my breasts are looking good, like when I'm wearing a push-up bra with the right top. I know that the better type of confidence comes from within, but heck, I'll take it any way I can get it.

Big breasts are not necessary, it IS vanity, just because it's vanity does not make it bad. If it makes you feel more confident who cares if it's vain? ;3 We seem to make pride, vanity, and other natural feelings "naughty" or "bad". (shrugs) To me just because it's about your appearance and making your appearance more in line with what you want does not make it wrong was my main point. Just because it's not necessary doesn't make it bad either.

And really who cares is not necessary :|

Jist of what I really meant, so what if it's vain, so what if it is not strictly necessary, if you can afford it and want it do it. Why even debate about necessity? xD
Ciel Sapphire

Postby Andina » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:25 pm

Big breasts are not necessary, it IS vanity, just because it's vanity does not make it bad. If it makes you feel more confident who cares if it's vain? ;3 We seem to make pride, vanity, and other natural feelings "naughty" or "bad". (shrugs) To me just because it's about your appearance and making your appearance more in line with what you want does not make it wrong was my main point. Just because it's not necessary doesn't make it bad either.

HUH? Does that mean transisition is just vanity? Transition is not necessary, it is something we feel compelled to do for our own comfort. What makes one segment of transition vanity and another essential?
Andina
Board Moderator

Postby Ciel Sapphire » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:39 pm

Andina wrote:

HUH? Does that mean transisition is just vanity? Transition is not necessary, it is something we feel compelled to do for our own comfort. What makes one segment of transition vanity and another essential?

Well from one perspective you could say transition is vanity. But I doubt not having d-cups will make you suicidal :S so there you go.. If it does make you feel that way then FOR YOU it's necessary, but for most people it's a vanity issue, bigger breasts won't make you more of a woman. Mind I can only state my opinions, everyone is different. And not everyone needs every stage of "transition" which is another trap many fall into. (sighs)

In my opinion, large breasts are not a necessity. But that does not make it wrong, nor should it stop anyone for persuing it. and once again it's a silly question to ask. :P My opinion is nobody really needs bags of silicon in their breasts. (cis, trans or otherwise)
Last edited by Ciel Sapphire on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ciel Sapphire

Postby Tracyohus » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:39 pm

Ciel Sapphire wrote:I think I would consider it if I stopped at like a B or less...

Do you think B is small? B is the average cup size for a natural born female of my height and weight in the US. I am currently the same height and weight as the average natural born female in the US - and I am currently a B cup. I don't think a B cup is small. I think its just the right size. My sister is half an inch shorter than me and she is a C cup. She sometimes complaints about how they hurt her back.
Sometimes you need to do what's best for you and your life,
not what's best for everybody else.
Tracyohus

Postby Ciel Sapphire » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:46 pm

Tracyohus wrote:
Ciel Sapphire wrote:I think I would consider it if I stopped at like a B or less...

Do you think B is small? B is the average cup size for a natural born female of my height and weight in the US. I am currently the same height and weight as the average natural born female in the US - and I am currently a B cup. I don't think a B cup is small. I think its just the right size. My sister is half an inch shorter than me and she is a C cup. She sometimes complaints about how they hurt her back.

my rib cage is broad. I would have to see it on me to be sure, but I would consider it small in proportion to my ribs (not in proportion to averages.) No I don't think it's "small" really though. I'd also probably only go up ONE size if I did decide to do that. (shrugs) I just think I'd consider it then. (nod)
Ciel Sapphire

Postby BecomingSusan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:05 pm

Ciel Sapphire wrote:Big breasts are not necessary, it IS vanity...

So, is it your opinion that the only reason for BA is to make them bigger?
BecomingSusan

Postby Ciel Sapphire » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:15 pm

BecomingSusan wrote:

No, but let's be honest, why are most people doing it? :lol: I can understand it as Necessary if you are extremely uneven. However most people will be doing it for one reason, size.

I should pop popcorn and watch people rage over my opinions on this.

I'm actually laughing about all this, bitched out because I consider it mostly a vanity procedure then complained at because I said I'd consider it if I felt uncomfortable with my size. Even having someone raging at me because I think a boob job is vanity while claiming transition it's self is not necessary in their post. xD Yes it's mostly for vanity, women around the world are A and B cup, have uneven breasts, and they are no less a woman, and comparing it to transition as a whole seems ridiculous to me. We don't transition just because we're unhappy with our looks.. I would not even consider it if that was my problem.

I should just stop responding, as fun as it is watching people get angry because I say something purely cosmetic that many women wind up undoing later due to complications or just poorly done surgery is not necessary xD
Last edited by Ciel Sapphire on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ciel Sapphire

Postby ChloeSF » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:19 pm

BecomingSusan wrote:

That's what I was going to say, that getting BA does not necessarily equal getting BB (big breasts :P). Also, as I already stated, just because one person doesn't consider it "necessary", doesn't mean that it may not be "necessary" for another person. People vary! I think of it as similar to srs. I found it totally necessary, but understand that others do not. :-)
ChloeSF

Postby ChloeSF » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:26 pm

Ciel Sapphire wrote:

I'm actually laughing about all this, bitched out because I consider it mostly a vanity procedure then complained at because I said I'd consider it if I felt uncomfortable with my size. Even having someone raging at me because I think a boob job is vanity while claiming transition it's self is not necessary in their post. xD Yes it's mostly for vanity, women around the world are A and B cup, have uneven breasts, and they are no less a woman, and comparing it to transition as a whole seems ridiculous to me. We don't transition just because we're unhappy with our looks.. I would not even consider it if that was my problem.

I should just stop responding, as fun as it is watching people get angry because I say something purely cosmetic that many women wind up undoing later due to complications or just poorly done surgery is not necessary xD

I think you're projecting emotions in our responses that aren't there, sweetie. Why do you think that we are angry just because we're disagreeing with your opinion? What we're doing is known as "a conversation". :)
ChloeSF

Postby Ciel Sapphire » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:32 pm

ChloeSF wrote:
Ciel Sapphire wrote:

I think you're projecting emotions in our responses that aren't there, sweetie. Why do you think that we are angry just because we're disagreeing with your opinion? What we're doing is known as "a conversation". :)

Eh I think I'm not but who knows n-n I wanted to thank you for your last post being 100% rational imo, I went a little over board probably saying 100% not necessary but I see so many people scurrying around for 20 surgeries I'd think extra bouncy boobs would be low on the priority list. ~.o and not considered necessary.

even if I'm projecting it's entertaining me. Because it feels like what I see on here a lot "I found this necessary you should too! Your priorities are wrong!" It's easy to do that I'm probably guilty of it to. (shrugs) I really should stop responding >.< why am I not doing so..bleh

(editing to clarify meaning sorry)
Eh if someone is willing to claim transitioning is not necessary in their post to make the point I figure they are angry. I don't think Susan or Tracy are, or you. I think we just disagree and are probably mis-communicating.

I'm just entertained that it actually gets responses, heck I even admitted I would consider it even though I consider it unnecessary. xD It's one of THOSE things like FFS and Trachea shaves, where some of us will always see it as frivelous. (shrugs) the main point though is to make yourself comfortable in your own skin.

(edit to ad) I thought I deleted that one rage in there T_T bah my bad entirely.
Last edited by Ciel Sapphire on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ciel Sapphire

Postby corvus.corax » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:37 pm

Dysphoria. It's a thing.
Call in an air strike with a poison kiss.
corvus.corax

Postby ChloeSF » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:41 pm

Ciel Sapphire wrote:Eh I think I'm not but who knows n-n I wanted to thank you for your last post being 100% rational imo, I went a little over board probably saying 100% not necessary but I see so many people scurrying around for 20 surgeries I'd think extra bouncy boobs would be low on the priority list. ~.o and not considered necessary.

even if I'm projecting it's entertaining me. Because it feels like what I see on here a lot "I found this necessary you should too! Your priorities are wrong!" It's easy to do that I'm probably guilty of it to. (shrugs) I really should stop responding >.< why am I not doing so..bleh

No worries. :) I think any time we say "It isn't necessary for me, therefore it isn't necessary for you" or the opposite, we run into problems. There are lots of things I find necessary in life, like buying already grilled chicken breasts and salmon from my great deli a block away instead of buying uncooked and doing it myself. :P But Trish would likely think that isn't necessary since she likes to cook those items herself. :)
ChloeSF

Postby Ciel Sapphire » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:45 pm

ChloeSF wrote:
Ciel Sapphire wrote:Eh I think I'm not but who knows n-n I wanted to thank you for your last post being 100% rational imo, I went a little over board probably saying 100% not necessary but I see so many people scurrying around for 20 surgeries I'd think extra bouncy boobs would be low on the priority list. ~.o and not considered necessary.

No worries. :) I think any time we say "It isn't necessary for me, therefore it isn't necessary for you" or the opposite, we run into problems. There are lots of things I find necessary in life, like buying already grilled chicken breasts and salmon from my great deli a block away instead of buying uncooked and doing it myself. :P But Trish would likely think that isn't necessary since she likes to cook those items herself. :)

We're all opinionated here, so it probably does step on each other's toes. I also worded some things poorly.

I have some priorities other consider frivelous so I should probably have shut up xD but I was having fun. @.@;;
Ciel Sapphire

Postby LVTrish » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:54 pm

ChloeSF wrote: I find necessary in life, like buying already grilled chicken breasts and salmon from my great deli a block away instead of buying uncooked and doing it myself. :P But Trish would likely think that isn't necessary since she likes to cook those items herself. :)

BLASPHEME! OMG fkin!!@#!@# RabbleRabble!! You must do it my wayssyyy!!!!11!one ..
LVTrish

Postby Ciel Sapphire » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:27 pm

Bleh, since I'm this kind of person, I want to apologize if I really did upset anyone, and for my brief moment of troll-itude (troll like attitude). :oops:

And... take a break from posting. :oops:
Ciel Sapphire

Postby LVTrish » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:51 pm

Ciel Sapphire wrote:Bleh, since I'm this kind of person, I want to apologize if I really did upset anyone, and for my brief moment of troll-itude (troll like attitude). :oops:

I wouldnt sweat it. I think a lot of us read and post here for entertainment purposes only. It takes quite a bit to get some folks riled, and some people live in a perpetual state of rile-ment. The first group is fun and easy going, and the 2nd group are fun to piss off.
LVTrish

Postby Ciel Sapphire » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:52 pm

LVTrish wrote:
Ciel Sapphire wrote:Bleh, since I'm this kind of person, I want to apologize if I really did upset anyone, and for my brief moment of troll-itude (troll like attitude). :oops:

I wouldnt sweat it. I think a lot of us read and post here for entertainment purposes only. It takes quite a bit to get some folks riled, and some people live in a perpetual state of rile-ment. The first group is fun and easy going, and the 2nd group are fun to piss off.

I can;t help being me, even if I did nothing wrong I feel like I should say I'm sorry sometimes.. My therapist will have a field day with that one. xD
Ciel Sapphire

Postby BecomingSusan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:53 pm

When I started my transition, I had some goals. The first goal was to live the rest of my life as a woman. A secondary goal was to be a beautiful woman. It's all part of a concept I have for the person I want to be. So I mostly want to finish the project looking as good as I can. I have stated previously that part of that is vanity. Another part is curiosity--I want to see if I can do it. Still another part is simply to complete the goals I set when I began. For me then, BA may become necessary to complete the package according to what I initially set out to achieve. It's not much different from any of the other particulars that are part of achieving my goals.

Then there's a need to prioritize and plan the timing of things needed to be accomplished. Facial hair removal takes a priority over just about everything else for me. But I could do other things while I was working in the facial hair. SRS was a priority for me too, but I had to wait for that, so I had FFS while I was waiting. That's how planning and timing comes into play.

For me, even if I were to deem BA "necessary," it has to wait, partly because other things are more important to me and partly because I don't know whether I'll eventually need it or even what the nature of what that need might be, because my body is still developing. It's another case of how planning and timing matter.

To decide what is necessary, then, I might suggest a person evaluate what is important to them. There's also a need to fit that in to the physical, financial, and temporal resources available. My needs and priorities are based on my goals. They are unique to me.
Last edited by BecomingSusan on Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BecomingSusan

Postby BecomingSusan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:58 pm

LVTrish wrote:I think a lot of us read and post here for entertainment purposes only. It takes quite a bit to get some folks riled, and some people live in a perpetual state of rile-ment. The first group is fun and easy going, and the 2nd group are fun to piss off.

Also, some of us are here to learn and some are here to help others. I started in the former category, but now I'm more in the latter category.
BecomingSusan

Postby Ciel Sapphire » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:03 pm

BecomingSusan wrote:When I started my transition, I had some goals. The first goal was to live the rest of my life as a woman. A secondary goal was to be a beautiful woman. It's all part of a concept I have for the person I want to be. So I mostly want to finish the project looking as good as I can. I have stated previously that part of that is vanity. Another part is curiosity--I want to see if I can do it. Still another part is simply to complete the goals I set when I began. For me then, BA may become necessary to complete the package according to what I initially set out to achieve. It's not much different from any of the other particulars that are part of achieving my goals.

Then there's a need to prioritize and plan the timing of things needed to be accomplished. Facial hair removal takes a priority over just about everything else for me. But I could do other things while I was working in the facial hair. SRS was a priority for me too, but I had to wait for that, so I had FFS while I was waiting. That's how planning and timing comes into play.

For me, even if I were to deem BA "necessary," it has to wait, partly because other things are more important to me and partly because I don't know whether I'll eventually need it or even what the nature of that need might be, because my body is still developing. It's another case of how planning and timing matter.

To decide what is necessary, then, I might suggest a person evaluate what is important to them. There's also a need to fit that in to the physical, financial, and temporal resources available. My needs and priorities are based on my goals. They are unique to me.

I agree with this 100% your goals will always be individual, that's part of why I feel bad now. I get off on a tangent sometimes and don't think.. :oops:

I mean my goals are simplistic in many ways compared to others, I want to look like and live like a woman, but I don;t care about my genitals since science cannot do what I really want yet... :|

I"m also here to collect information, since I put this off for most of my life so..
Ciel Sapphire

Postby LVTrish » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:20 pm

BecomingSusan wrote:
LVTrish wrote:I think a lot of us read and post here for entertainment purposes only. It takes quite a bit to get some folks riled, and some people live in a perpetual state of rile-ment. The first group is fun and easy going, and the 2nd group are fun to piss off.

Also, some of us are here to learn and some are here to help others. I started in the former category, but now I'm more in the latter category.

I'm sure. Thats why I used "a lot" rather than "all".
LVTrish

Postby nexyjo » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:08 pm

i'm only here because i like to torture myself. and the pay sucks.
nexyjo
Board Moderator

Postby Amy Farrah Fowler » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:13 pm

nexyjo wrote:i'm only here because i like to torture myself. and the pay sucks.

The best things in life are free! Don't you get the best pay?
2011 - came out to myself + began electrolysis
2012 - started HRT + completed laser hair removal
2013 - name & gender changed + full-time en femme
S00N - finishing electrolysis + FFS + BA + SRS
Amy Farrah Fowler

Postby BecomingSusan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Ah, that famous existential question... Why are we here?
BecomingSusan

Postby RedPie » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:37 pm

I breakdance and do weights, so my arms and shoulders really look.... bad if were talking about female passing quality. so in contrast to my tits, its...

and yeah dont get me wrong, of course it crossed my mind as well, hell if I can have nice tits that look and feel natural and I can afford it... em.... .. welll wh.. why not right? but like I said, thats not the point.

and from what some are saying, if you are to get implants anyway its best ot get it when you already do have breast tissue so you already DO have tits and this is an 'enhancement' and not to 'have' tits even... and I am talking about for us MtFs, not cis women.

and come on, if you can afford a boob job then that means you CAN afford hormone theraphy - which can give you the small sized naturally so...

my skin is really messed up ok, it DOES kill my confidence and im ashamed of it. there are ways to fix it, expensive ways. but I will not say i need it, I think its just a luxury to get it. it will prevent me from facing the world only if i let it! now...

some surgeries I think are necessary to be able to fully live as a woman. take the example of us pre ops and the setting of a beach. showers there in the womens tend to open stalls... now lets say one of us goes there, gets naked and takes a shower among all these women - what do you think will happen? lets say you had size A tits, would you get into trouble just because?

I actually did this ok, but at night alright... and there was no one there. oh god i dont know what wouldve happened if...

and oh yeah, I have seen a lot of big boned women out there who are HUGE but they have small tits in comparison. so its really still ok I believe, its uncommon but not bizarre.

so what... its dysphoria from having small tits?... it reminds me of a line someone told me, that he has a dysphoria from having no money so he is entitled to get some as aid because it is making him miserable. i... i dont know ok. im not a doctor, so i dont know...

and there, you know what, I would say if a doctor were to declare that it is necessary to get a breast enlargement procedue or a breast implant of whatever you call this thing, then I would agree its not a luxury.
RedPie

Postby Dorothy Stepford » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:46 pm

Ellipses abuse...

Just spit it out!
-BDSM

"The truth will set you free. But not until it's finished with you." -DFW

"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me." HST

First we take Manhattan...then we take Berlin!
Dorothy Stepford

Next

Return to Transition

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2012 The Ultimate Paradigm